My Fair Frittata


Remember the time I made roasted vegetables that yielded "copious amounts of leftovers?" Well, soon after, I found myself in a little conundrum. You see, after a day or two, eating roasted vegetables gets boring.

And I simply do not like to waste my food.

Starving kids in China? Maybe. But I like to think of my starving bank account as a better motivator to cook up and eat every morsel of food I possibly can.

With the help of a quick Google search, I realized that my beautifully roasted veggies did not have to meet their end at the bottom of a trash can. Instead, they were to be tossed into a cast iron pan, coated in eggs, cream, and ricotta cheese, and baked until perfectly set.



To begin this endeavor, I chopped up the veggies into bite size pieces and threw them into a cast iron skillet. Next, I whisked together about 10 eggs and 1/2-3/4 of a cup of heavy cream in a bowl and poured the mixture over the pre-roasted vegetables. Finally, I added some scoops of ricotta cheese and generously salted and peppered the dish. 

After cooking the frittata for about 15-20 mins at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, I took it out of the oven and made sure the middle was set (you just want to make sure the egg mixture is cooked, but not so much so that it turns rubbery or hard!).


I didn't have particularly high hopes for this dish since I had never really made a frittata before, but it came out looking spectacular. The egg mixture had puffed up like clouds, but the roasted vegetables kept the dish full and hearty. 

According to me, this type of frittata can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You could also stun your family and friends by serving it at a brunch. 

Now THAT's some food for thought. 

Until next time, feast your hearts out, loves.