Brunching with the Best


Wow. Can we talk about how good this looks?

Let me give you a little back story...I have these two lovely roommates, Aravinda and Liz. Sometimes we like to do things that roommates do together. Mainly, we find ways to make delicious food.

However, on this occasion, we decided to hike up to Andersonville for brunch at M. Henry.


Let me just say that Chicagoans take brunch very seriously. I am so thankful for that because it just so happens to be my favorite meal. This little restaurant, despite the long wait, did not fail to fully satisfy my craving for a big, hearty meal.

I ordered the Drunken Stuffed Poblano Pepper (pictured above), which consisted of a roasted poblano pepper stuffed with scrambled soy eggs, avocado, and sweet corn, topped with a red adobo sauce. The dish was served with mexicali rice, homemade masa tortillas, and sweet plantains (yep, all vegan, all scrumptious).


We also shared a dessert dish: brioche french toast, with maple syrup, fresh cranberries, and vanilla crème.

I do not regret one single bite.

Somedays, brunch is really all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment