Hearty Veggies for a Roastin'




I deeply enjoy farmer's markets.

There's just something so earthy and honest about them. Not only do farmer's markets provide fresh fruits and vegetables in their peak season, but I always leave feeling good that I have helped local farms.

Oh, and all of the little hippy families that tend to frequent farmer's markets (at least the ones in Chicago) are quite pleasant to encounter. :)

This past weekend, I traversed over to the Logan Square Farmer's Market in Chicago. I caught sight of some beautifully colored carrots and knew I had to get my hands on them. Next, I picked up some baby red onions, zucchini, red cabbage, broccoli, a sack of medley potatoes (red, golden, and purple), and fennel.



Don't those look simply gorgeous? I feasted on my bounty by chopping up the veggies until they were relatively the same thickness, throwing them into two pans, and coating them with a healthy sprinkling of olive oil, sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and fresh thyme. After mixing everything up with my hands to makes sure each vegetable was coated, I popped both pans into the oven at about 380 degrees for one hour.



Can you say easy? Easy.

Oven roasted vegetables make for a healthy, satisfying meal...and copious amounts of leftovers to boot! Also, they reheat wonderfully in the microwave.

Feast your hearts out, loves.