Mango Mint Lassi


Is anyone else out there sick of winter foods? Are you looking for a little sunshine in your day? If you answered yes to one or both of those questions, then you must try this Mango Mint Lassi recipe. It comes from the Sprouted Kitchen cookbook and tastes like spring in a cup on a cold winter day. The mango-yogurt-orange juice combination creates a light texture (not quite as thick as a smoothie) and the mint provides such a refreshing taste and scent. 

Now, I bet you are thinking what I thought the first time I saw this recipe: what the heck is a lassi? Originating from the Punjab regions of India and Pakistan, the lassi is a yogurt-based drink that can be sweet or savory. For more info, just look on Wikipedia, or you could try the recipe for yourself. 

This particular lassi is the perfect way to begin your day, or it could be used to restore your energy post-workout. Either way, I assure you that you will not be disappointed. I literally had to tell myself not to gulp too much at once. 


Ingredients: (makes 2 servings)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 large mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used non-fat Greek)
1 cup crushed ice
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped (about 5-6 big leaves)
1 tablespoon honey (I used lavender honey and was not disappointed)

Place all ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. There should not be any ice or mango chunks left.

Have a sunny day!

1 comment: