Power Smoothie



With the sunshine disappearing earlier every day, I have been feeling the need for a little energy boost. No, I'm not talking caffeine...I'm talking fruit, people.

In an attempt to stave off the winter blues before they even start, I made myself a nutritious (and delicious!) power smoothie. Nothing says energy like the combination of raspberries, mango, orange, banana, and fresh ginger.


The trick to making a smoothie with the right consistency lies in the ratio of frozen fruits to regular-temperature fruits. Master that little secret and you will make tasty smoothies no matter what the ingredients.

Ingredients (makes about 2 servings):
1 banana
1 orange
juice from half a lime
3/4 cup frozen mango chunks
1 handful frozen raspberries
1 inch fresh minced ginger
1 teaspoon chia seeds
1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)

Directions:
Plop ingredients into a blender, combine until smooth. ¡Fácil!

1 comment:

  1. I have been craving smoothies lately, too! I have a recipe to swap with you soon on L&C. :)

    ReplyDelete